Gabentin and Pregablin is now a schedule 3 controlled drug.
The maxium quantity is now one months supply.
What does this mean for me?
- Prescriptions for controlled drugs should be written for a maximum of one month’s supply
- When collecting your medication from the pharmacy, please check that you have everything you ordered as the pharmacy may now receive your prescriptions separately
- Prescriptions for controlled drugs must be presented at the pharmacy within 28 days of the prescription date
- Gabapentin or pregabalin will no longer be allowed as repeat dispensing (batch prescriptions) and will need to be issued monthly from your GP surgery as a paper prescription. Other medication can continue to be supplied as repeat dispensing if you wish
- Due to controlled drug regulations, if you lose your prescription for gabapentin or pregabalin we may not be able to issue a replacement